Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Numbers turn into something different after I push enter

--If it is all 12 digit numbers .Right click the cells before entering the
numbers and custom format Type 12 zeroes

000000000000

--If you have more than 15 digits then pre format the cells to text and then
enter the numbers
Or
Prefix the numbers with a apostrophe
'1234567890123456
(Remember these are in text format)
If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jennie" wrote:

Hi there!
First let me start off by saying that I know nothing about Excel, so this
may sound really simple to allot of you.
I'm using Excel 2002. I'm trying to enter a number into a spread sheet that
someone else created. The number is 292607312009. But when I tab over, the
number changes to 2.92607E+11!!! How do I get the number not to change to
something else?
Thanks,