Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ClaireS ClaireS is offline

Default Referring to cells on other sheets using formula

I am trying to automate the way I refer to cells on other worksheets, by
working out the name of the worksheet using a formula and then referring to
this formula. For example: the sheet I want to refer has a name of the form:
"Year x months ahead". Year, and x can vary in the worksheet doing the
referring, so for example: in one sheet I need to refer to worksheet "2006 6
months ahead", and in that sheet "2006" and "6" are variables which I can use
to get the sheet name to be referred to.
I can set up the sheet name I require using the & function, but then excel
doesn't like it I try and refer to the other sheet using this equation.
I hope that makes sense - its quite difficult to explain my problem!