Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default FALSE statement?

"Scoober" wrote:
Can anyone tell me why using this formula =IF(COUNT(B35:B38,F35:F38)0,
SUM(B35:B38,F35:F38), "") in my work sheet in F40, combined with pulling
it
through to my summary sheet with this formula =IF(OOP!F40="","",OOP!F40)
results in FALSE statement?

I guess common sense will not prevail, and we are condemned to splitting the
discussion. As they say, to err is what distinguishes humans from other
animals. So I'll paraphrase what I wrote in your other thread, then I'll
leave you to others who want to help.

The second formula, which is in P21 of the summary sheet, can return FALSE
only if OOP!F40 contains the value FALSE.

One way that the formula in F40 can return FALSE is if you wrote the
following by mistake:

=IF(COUNT(B35:B38,F35:F38)0, SUM(B35:B38,F35:F38))

But there might other ways that you can mangle the original formula so that
it returns FALSE.

If you want help, I suggest that you copy-and-paste your formulas from the
Formula Bar (the field next to "fx" just below the toolbar) into your
postings.