Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Counting the number of unique values in a filtered list

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bannor" wrote in message
T.Valko - You're the man!!! Works perfectly! Thankyou very much! :)

OssieMac & Gary Keramidas - thanks for trying, but I don't believe either
the SUBTOTAL function nor an advanced filter will give me exactly what I
was
looking for - I had already looked at both options extensively before my
post.

--
Philip

"T. Valko" wrote:

This will count the unique items in column A of a filtered list.

Assume the full unfiltered range is A2:A20.

Array entered** :

=COUNT(1/FREQUENCY(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2,ROW(A2:A20)-ROW(A2),)),MATCH(A2:A20,A2:A20,0)),ROW(A2:A20)-ROW(A2)))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the
SHIFT
key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff