Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Simple Excel Question

Maurice, that is a bit more easy. In F2 use the below formula and copy down
as required...Try and feedback

=IF(A2="","",IF(E2="",SUMIF(A:A,A2,D:D)-SUMIF(A:A,A2,E:E),SUMIF(A:A,A2,D:D)-SUMIF(A:A,A2,E:E)))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Maurice" wrote:

Jacob,

That is perfect! Exactly was I was looking for.... I would love it if you
could help me with one small improvement. When I enter a new payment for
invoice X, I would like the previous entry in the balance column for that
invoice to be '0', so that I can keep a running total of the balance owed,
plus the deposits which should equal the original sale amount... does that
make sense?

"Maurice" wrote:

I have a table like this

A B C D E F
INVOICE# DATE NAME SALE Amount Rec/Deposit BALANCE
101 8/1 Mike $500 $200 $300
102 8/2 Mary $100 $100 0
103 8/3 John $200 $100 $100
.
.
9/1 Mike $300 0

When Mike comes in on 9/1 to pay off his $300 balance from invoice #101 on
8/1. I would like to record the payment and the fact the the balance for Mike
is now $0 on this spreadsheet.
How do I look up the balance for Mike? Either based on the invoice #, Name,
I don't care. Eventually the list will contain 100s of transactions so I
can't look it up manually

Please