Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeeslawees Jeeslawees is offline

Default Pivot Table Formats not maintained?

I've created 5 Pivot Tables using one database. I've setup column widths and
font formats. I've unchecked the Autofit Col Widths and checked the Preserve
Formatting boxes PT Options, Layout & Format.

On all 5 of the PT's, when I edit a record or add a new record, and then
Refresh the PT, the formatting for those edited or new records is lost
(alignment, boldness, etc.). All unedited records seem to maintain their
format.

On 1 of the 5 PT's, an entire column loses it's formatting even if I don't
edit or add anything and just Refresh the PT.

What gives? The PT's treatment of formats seems random at best. Are there
some other boxesI should be checking and/or unchecking?

Thanks .... Rick