Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tom_uk Tom_uk is offline

Default Lookup next item with dates

Hi all,

I cant seem to get this to work properly.

(see below)
I have a list of dates, firstly the 5 previous days then the weeks previous
to that. Next to some of these dates will be an action - this can change
depending on the project. The idea is to have a prompter tell me what the
next action is due depending on the day eg. last friday i completed C, now
its monday and D is due this coming thursday.

Everytime i do a VLOOKUP all i get is the first action despite what date i
reference to!

current date: TODAY() eg. 10/05/09

A B
1 28/05/09 security passes due