Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KJ KJ is offline

Default vlookup question

I have 4 tabs (a tab for each quarter of 2008) with car IDs and how many
gallons of gas, $ amounts, etc. each one has used. The total amount of car
IDs changes from quarter to quarter, i.e. adding cars to the fleet and
retiring some. I am trying to total up the 4 quarters into a summary tab. I
am trying to use the vlookup function to add up all 4 quarters for each car
ID. I have to use the "false" argument because I need exact dollar amounts.
The problem is, if a car is not in the list for all 4 quarters, it returns an
error because it can't find it in some of the quarters. I hope this makes
some sense. It's a little hard to explain. Any ideas?