Shaun Martin

thank you for your time and effort :-)

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try this

=INDEX(B2:D4,MATCH("UK",A2:A4,0),MATCH("Manager",B 1:D1,0))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Shaun Martin" <Shaun wrote in message

Appreciate any responses in advance, for your time and help. I have the
following data but many more categories:

Consultant Manager VP
UK 100 150 200
Germany 125 175 225
France 90 140 190

In another worksheet, I have a cell with column A as a "list" and the next
cell with row 1 as a "list", giving for example UK Manager. How can I then
get the insection value (150) populated? I have tried indexing but it

doesnt
work as I still need to defne the specific column and row, I need to get

it
to look up the option choosen..

Apologises if the above question is not correctly phrased..

thanks again

Shaun :-)
England