Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve Steve is offline

Default launch from explorer in Vista - multiple instances of Excel

I fixed my multiple instance issue (running XP) by uninstalling Office 2003.

I left 2003 on the PC after the 2007 install in case there were issues with
add-ins. After a month of testing, and fighting multi instances, I
uninstalled the old version which solved the problem.

"Tim Childs" wrote:

Hi

thanks for that.

I have entered the Run command in Vista:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe" /unregserver

but received the error message:
Windows cannot find C:\Program. Make sure you typed the name correctly,
and then try again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tim

"Sheeloo" wrote in message
Try

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) Start-Run- excel.exe /unregserver -OK.
2) Start-Run- excel.exe /regserver -OK.

Note the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe (most likely
C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office11) if you have Excel 2003 (ver 11)

In that case Start-Run- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office11\excel.exe" /regserver - OK

Note that quotes are required because of spaces in the path

"Tim Childs" wrote:

Hi

tried using Google search without success

how do I stop the system opening multiple instances of Excel when
launching
Excel files from Windows Vista Explorer?

thanks

Tim