Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Albert Albert is offline

Default sporadic web query failure

Hi!

I have a workbook that contains a web query.
Lately, however, this query has been failing on occasions. Sometimes it
works perfectly, but at other times (often within minutes) it stays stuck.

I have precisely the same problem with a VBA procedure that opens a workbook
which is on the internet. The procedure is simply

workbooks.open("http://www.blah.com/blah.xls")

It works sometimes, but sometimes it gets stuck.

I can't really tell what event may have triggered the occasional failures.
The only thing that comes to mind is the recent installation of IE8. Other
than that there have been no major changes to my machine... Any advice on
what to do?

Thanks in advance,

Albert C