Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
djow djow is offline

Default Help creating a formula that repeats text & increments an integer

I been trying to create a formula that repeats the same text characters in
each consecutive cell in a column but increments the integer by one (see
example below):
A1 = AB-0
A2 = AB-1
A3 = AB-2...

I believe I can take care of the text by using the function =LEFT(A1,3) but
I haven't been able to figure out how to add the formula to increment the
integer. I tried to just add "+1" at the end of the formula, but got the
#VALUE! error. I tried searching past posts and the Excel help menu, but
didn't see any entries that addressed this question.

Thx in advance for any help