Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default worksheet formulas

Assume you have the weekdays listed in A2:A8.

Enter this formula in B2 and copy down to B8:

=COUNTIF('Claim Detail'!L$7:L$98,A2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"camp732" wrote in message
The weekdays are entered in the claim detail worksheet column L7 to L98 as
formula =TEXT(J7,"dddd"). I need the weekday sheet to pull how many
claims
happened on Sunday, Monday and so on.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

suppose your weekdays are entered as text "Monday" and so on, then try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(Sheet1!A$1:A$18,"dddd")=C1))

In this case Monday is in C1 and the range A1:A18 contains Excel legal
dates.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"camp732" wrote:

I have two worksheets one is claim detail and the other is weekday. I
need
to put a formula in weekday worksheet to reference in claim detail
worksheet
how many claims occurred on a certain day of the week which is in one
column
on the claim detail worksheet.