Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Trevor Williams Trevor Williams is offline

Default Dynamic Range Setup...

Hi Stefi, this is so close, thanks.
The row of years could go on and on whereas your formula is restricted to
the 11 years I've mentioned.

Is there a way to change it to use a variable year range?

Trevor

"Stefi" wrote:

Years being in A1:H1, start year in A2, use this formula in
DataValidationSource for end year:
=OFFSET(A1,0,MATCH(A2,A1:H1,0),1,MIN(5,8-MATCH(A2,A1:H1,0)))

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Trevor Williams€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi All

I'm trying (without success) to build a dynamic named range as
follows:

I have a row of variable sequential years
2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011

The user can select a 'start year' from a dropdown list created from
the years above.

I then need to create a dynamic range to only include years after the
start date, but up to a maximum of 5 years.

So, if the user selects the start year 2005, the the end year list
would be
2006 - 2010

However, if the user selects the start year 2009 the end year list
would only include
2010 - 2011 as 2011 is the last year available...

I've checked Debra Dalgleish's site regarding this type of thing but
just can't crack it!

Any help appreciated.

Trevor Williams