Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default =sign(--counta(range)) not working righ t

Maybe you have something in that range that you can't see--either space
characters, HTML non-breaking space characters, formulas that evaluate to "" or
values that were converted from formulas that evaluated to "".

What does:
=Counta(range)
return?
What is that range's address?

wrote:

I have been using the above function for the purpose of
telling me if there is any data in range (row of cells)

For some reason the function is still producing a 1
even with no vavlues numbers or chacters in the range.
I have tried several cell formats and for some resaon it
is not work, well sometime yes and sometime no

any suggestions

--

Dave Peterson