Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Bypass unlocked cell on protected worksheet in Excel 2003?

The easiest way around it is to hide the linked cell. You can have a formula
refer to the linked cell to show you the value. When the user tabs they will
not go to the hidden cell.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"berniean" wrote:

Greetings, I have an Excel form that has a combo box linked to a list of
items. When the user selects an item from the list, the result is the row
number of the item in the reference cell. In order for this to work on a
protected sheet, that cell has to be unlocked. I don't want the user to be
able to tab to that cell while filling out the form. Is there a way to bypass
that cell without locking it? Locking it causes an error when attempting to
make a selection from the drop-down. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Bernie