Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default 2007 - Pivot Talbe: Sort Report Filter

How are they sorted in the data area and how are they sorted in the report
filter?

Note - if the dates are legal Excel dates they will be sorted correctly in
the report filter, if they are not legal dates they will be in a different
order depending on what you are calling dates.

1/1/2009 is a date
March is not a date
2009 is not a date
1/1/2009 entered as text is not a date.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jerry" wrote:

I have a pivot table and have the date column in the Report Filter
section. When I click the drop-down the list is not sorted like it is
in the data. Is there a way to do this?

--
Jerry