Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Concatenate in a Cell (&) and working with the numbers.

You may be able to parse your string into pieces, but I'd just use two cells to
hold the formulas and then format those cells nicely--not using the =text()
function.

If you absolutely have to use that formula that results in a string, then how
about adding a couple more cells with just the plain old formulas in them.

You could even insert a couple of rows/columns and hide them so they're out of
the way.

GEM wrote:

I have this function on E1,

=TEXT(B1-A1),"$ #,##0.00")&" - "&TEXT(D1/C1),"0.00%")

I cannot work with the numbers that E1 provides because they are formatted
as text.

Is there a way to format the numbers in two different ways ($,%), just like
my function, but to actually be able to work with these??

--

Dave Peterson