Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gino59 Gino59 is offline

Default Copy a calculated field

I entered a calculated field but when I try to copy and paste the formula
down the column of over 13,000 entries, it keeps the exact same formula that
was entered in the first calculation. I'd like it to look at the row
information and use that as well.

=GETPIVOTDATA("Student Id2",$A$3,"ComputePass","Passed","Test Date
Month",DATE(1904,1,15),"Iot","Asia Pacific","Mappedsponsor","IBM
Cognos","Test Series","BI0-112")/GETPIVOTDATA("Student Id2",$A$3,"Test Date
Month",DATE(1904,1,15),"Iot","Asia Pacific","Mappedsponsor","IBM
Cognos","Test Series","BI0-112")

What changes are the "Iot", "MappedSponsor", "Test Series" fields. For
example, the first 400 rows list are for a sponsor called IBM Cognos which is
then followed by the Geography (IOT) - say about 124 rows. Then this is
further refined by the unique test id. Each row has a summary column for
tests passed, tests failed, and total tests. The idea is to have a
calculated field after total tests which calculates the unique passing
percentage.

How can I do this without having to individually enter in all 13K+
"getpivotdata" calculations?

Thanks!