Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default Counting using data from 2 columns

Hi,
I misunderstood use

=SUMPRODUCT((J1:J100="Daily Telegraph")+(A1:A100="25 JUL"))

"darbs" wrote:

Thank you. sorry, dont think I explained myself well - this works but not
correctly

I have 24 rows that contain 25 Jul in column A and out of these 19 contain
daily telegraph in column J and thats the number i am looking for but instead
this formula is giving me 72 as it is adding 24 from column a to the 48(total
number of rows in column J that contain daily telgraph)

Hope this is clearer.

Thanks

"Eduardo" wrote:

Opps, too many "0" in the 2nd part of the formula, use

=COUNTIF(J1:J100,"Daily Telegraph")+COUNTIF(A1:A100,"25 JUL")

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,

=COUNTIF(J1:J100,"Daily Telegraph")+COUNTIF(A1:A1000,"25 JUL")

"darbs" wrote:

I need to count the number of rows which have a particular date in column A
and then a particular name in column J, I have tried countif formula but can
not get it to work. Basically i need to count all the rows that contain the
"Daily Telegraph" in column J as well as containing say "25 JUL" IN COLUMN A,
any ideas?