Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Alternatives to advance filtering?

Enter this as text (preform the cell as text or start with an apostrophe):

'=Ed
(to retrieve all the Ed's, but not the Eddie's.)

Or use a formula that evaluates to that same text string.
="="&"ED"

Eddie Holder wrote:

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated. I believe that when using the
advance filter function it applies an asterix/wildcard at the end of the
word. Can anyone tell me what the VBA coding is to look for a true/exact word
- i think it incorporates and = sign immediately before the word?

--

Alwyas Trying
Eddie

--