Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How fill cells with alpha series?

Hmm! I don't see my first posting in this thread (the one my second message
is supposed to be referring to). No matter... this formula is much better,
so don't worry about not being able to see my first formula attempt.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
Here is a much shorter formula for you to use (instead of the previous
formula I posted)...

=IF(ROW(A1)<27,"",CHAR(64+INT((ROW(A1)-1)/26)))&CHAR(65+MOD(ROW(A1)-1,26))

To use this formula, put it in any cell more than 702 rows from the bottom
and copy it down for 702 rows...

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"inicholi" wrote in message
in Excel 2007, how can the cells be filled with the alphabet? This sort
uses
no numerals, strictly letters A to Z, then AA, AB, AC, ... ZZ. I guess
like a
number system, base 26.