Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Validation Sum

If I understand your setup, try this:

=SUMIF(D2:EZ2,"VC1",C5:EY5)
=SUMIF(D2:EZ2,"VC2",C5:EY5)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Stacy C" wrote in message
Ok, sorry :)

The cell which defines which team each person is on is every fourth cell
beginning with D2, through EZ2 (each cell is either populated VC1 or VC2).

I would like to have the cell FO5 sum the row across, using this formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN(C5:EZ5)-COLUMN(C5),4)=0),C5:EZ5)

However, I only want to SUM the cells for persons who are in VC1 (i.e. -
the
1st team).

If you need further clarification, please let me know.

Thank you so much.

"T. Valko" wrote:

You'll have to better explain/describe you setup.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Stacy C" wrote in message
Good afternoon,

Continuing with my spreadsheet (yay). I decided to modify it to SUM a
row
based upon a value entered in another field. Here is the (general)
scenario.

I have a group of people, who are either Team 1 or Team 2. Since they
are
setup alphabetically across the spreadsheet, I do not have the Teams
grouped
together.

In a separate cell next to each individual's name, I have a field (VC1
or
VC2, respectively).

I am not sure if I explained myself clearly, but any assistance would
be
appreciated. Thank you.

I want to be able to SUM all of the VC1s and VC2s, example:

If D2 = VC1, then include B5 in the addition, if H2 = VC1, then include
F5,
etc.