Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RyanR RyanR is offline

Default Creating an email list from a data base

A little more background would be more helpful, such as a copy of the formula
you are using, but there are only 2 reasons you are getting the space:
1 - you have a space in the formula
2 - you have trailing spaces in the e-mail address.

let's assume the following data set:
A B
1 Address Long string
2
3

4

The formula in B3 would then be:
=trim(B2)&";"&trim(A3)

The trim function will remove any leading and trailing spaces, and note
there are no spaces in my ";"

Note that Excel no longer requires the concatenate function to be explicitly
called, you can use ampersands '&' and excel will assume the concatenate
function.

Part 2, to fill down a formula, hover your mouse over the bottom-right
corner of the cell to be copied, double-click, it will fill down the formula
till it reaches a blank cell to it's left. You can also use the standard
copy/paste method, incorporating paste-special if you only want to copy the
formula without any formatting.
--
Cheers,
RyanR

--- pls click yes if I''ve helped you ---

"SLSTAR" wrote:

I am new to concantenate, but I think I should be able to use it to take
emails from a column in Excel and create a string I can paste into Outlook to
email a group. I can't seem to get the ; in the right spot -- I get a space
before it. Also is there a way to copy the formula down so I don't have to
write it for every entry?
Thanks,