Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bill Kuunders Bill Kuunders is offline

Default Formula corresponding to row it is in?

=COUNTIF(A$1:A$7999,A1)1

note the dollar signs moved
now you can extend this down the column using mouse drag method
point to the right hand bottom corner of D1
the mouse pointer will change to a "+" sign
drag down.....
You can do a copy paste to the whole column but then you do have 65536 rows.

are you trying to find duplicates?
be careful this formula will be true for both of them.
--
Greetings from New Zealand

"REBANEEDSTOKNOW" wrote in
message ...
Ok, I'm trying to have a function apply to an entire set of information.
What I need is for the function to adapt to the row it is in... like, when
enter this...
=COUNTIF($A1:$A7999,A1)1
...in D1, it references A1. But then in D2, I need it to switch to...
=COUNTIF($A1:$A7999,A2)1
...where it references A2

I guess what I'm asking is how can I automate it so I don't have to go in
by
hand for 8000 rows and change the information. And also, how can I apply
the
formula to the whole D column, without having to copy and paste it into
each
box. Thank you!