Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
REBANEEDSTOKNOW REBANEEDSTOKNOW is offline

Default Formula corresponding to row it is in?

Ok, I'm trying to have a function apply to an entire set of information.
What I need is for the function to adapt to the row it is in... like, when I
enter this...
=COUNTIF($A1:$A7999,A1)1
....in D1, it references A1. But then in D2, I need it to switch to...
=COUNTIF($A1:$A7999,A2)1
....where it references A2

I guess what I'm asking is how can I automate it so I don't have to go in by
hand for 8000 rows and change the information. And also, how can I apply the
formula to the whole D column, without having to copy and paste it into each
box. Thank you!