Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Machel Machel is offline

Default if cell is blank then calculate how many days?

Thank you so much! that worked!
If we also want to know the number counting all the days (not just work
days), then I would remove the NETWORKDAYS portion?

"Luke M" wrote:

=IF(B2="",TODAY()-A2,"")

If you want to limit this to workdays (Mon-Fri) try:
=IF(B2="",NETWORKDAYS(A2,TODAY())-1,"")
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Machel" wrote:

What would the formula in C column be if I want to know how many days from
the A column date to today - if the B column is blank?

A B C
Start Date Return to Work Date Out How Many Days?
06/29/2009
01/11/2009 02/02/2009

Thank you for your help!