Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default How do I count the cells ending with a specific letter?

This is from what you injected this A.M.in an old thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...90923a1d6cfcd4

RD

"David" wrote in message
yea! I checked on excelsheet and its working. But I am currently working
on
Google Spreadsheets. Would this be reason why I am not getting the
required
results?

"RonaldoOneNil" wrote:

Its working fine on mine. I've tested with all sorts of data (letters &
numbers, lower & upper case P, P's in the middle and beginning of cells)

"David" wrote:

Nope not working Ronaldo :(

"RonaldoOneNil" wrote:

=COUNTIF(W5:W7,"=*P")

"David" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to count the cells in a column ending with a particular
letter.
Cells contain alphanumeric values. For ex: =COUNTIF(W5:W7,"*P")
This is
giving zero as the answer instead of 2. Please help..