Gord Dibben

Kate

Your subject line reads "count the number of conditional formatted cells".

You would need VBA to count CF cells.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

If the subject was not correct, you could use the FREQUENCY Function to return
the frequency of numbers in a range.

Or COUNTIF to return the total number of times a number apears in a range.

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,34) where 34 is the number.

Maybe more detail will give a clearer picture of your needs?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 16 May 2005 13:34:10 -0700, "kate"
wrote:

I want to count the frequency of a number in a series of numbers possibly
using a count if or lookup function. I wish the total number to be displayed
at the bottom, how can i do this?