Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
confused confused is offline

Default Vlookup?

I'm trying to create a table where if the user enters in a criteria, say "A",
the table would automatically populate with a $ based on information from
another worksheet.

The year 1, year 2 etc, and the name1, name 2 etc will never change. Only
the criteria will change.

Am I making any sense here?

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

Do you want the criteria to be a both the year and the name? is the year
a worksheet name? what value from what sheet are you wanting to return?
Confused;429328 Wrote:
I am trying to create a summary table where when the user enters in a
criteria, the formula will look up the criteria, the year and name, and
return the value from another worksheet.

Criteria = A

Year1 Year 2 Year 3 etc
Name1
Name 2
Name 3
etc

Would I use the vlookup formula for something like this?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd