Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lori Lori is offline

Default Extract highest number

If your text is in A1, maybe try this *array* formula in B1:

=MAX(--(TEXT(MID(A1,COLUMN(A:IV),{1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8;9;10}), "0;0;0;\0")&" 0/1"))

executed using with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER not just enter. This extracts a
positive whole number up to 10 digits and returns 0 if none is found. (You
could add a few more numbers to get up to 15 digit numbers which is the limit
of Excel's precision but for larger numbers you'd need to use a text UDF.)

"Tech_Wolf" wrote:

ok, I need to write a formula that will check a cell with several words and
numbers in it, take the highest number is that cell, and display it in a
seperate cell as a numerical value, so other formulas can use it. How can I
accomplish this?