Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default leap year problem.

That formula will work as long as the OP *never* hits a date in the year
2100.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Teethless mama" wrote in message
Try this:

=IF(MOD(YEAR(B1),4)=0,"L","NL")

"2vao" wrote:

to elaborate on my problem , cell b1 is formatted as mmm-yy so when I
input
Jan-08 it shows "L", if input any other year, like Jan-04 or Jan-12 or
Jan-16
it shows "NL".

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Your formula appears to work for me... which years do you think it
doesn't
work for?

In case you are interested, here is a shorter formula to do the same
thing...

=IF(MONTH(DATE(B1,2,29))=2,"L","NL")

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"2vao" wrote in message
hello,

I have this formula :
=IF(OR(MOD(B1,400)=0,AND(MOD(B1,4)=0,MOD(B1,100)< 0)),"L","NL" (to
show L
if
the date falls in a leap year). It works for 2008 only not for any
other
leap
year. please help!
thanks.