Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GEM GEM is offline

Default Inserting Symbols with IF Function.

Thank you!! What I did is instead of x or CHAR(33) y insterted the arrow ().
That worked, but only if there is a single number on column A, what if there
is two results in one cell, I used the &. How can I identify the second
number in the cell.

For example,
A1=$23.00 - 15.00%
A2=$3.00 - 20.00%
A3=$13.00 - 10.00%

I want the arrow in column B to appear on B2, because that's the highest
percentage (%).

"John" wrote:

Hi Gem
If you select Wingdings 3 font for column B, you can use this
=IF(A1=MAX(A:A),CHAR(33),"") and you will get your arrow .
BTW, Wingdings3 is all types of arrows, check it out.
HTH
John
"GEM" wrote in message
On column A, I have numbers running down to row 100. I want to add an IF
function on column B which inserts an arrow () next to the highest number
from column A. It dosen't matter if the highest number on column A is
repeated as long as the arrow () is inserted everytime the highest number
appears.

Another question is if this can be done if I used the "&" on column A. For
example, A1=D1+C1&" - "&E1+F1. I want to know which is the highest number
from column A, but from the second string, that is E1+F1.