Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
iains iains is offline

Default Excel Spreadsheet View Issue XP and 2003 versions

On a series of spreadsheets I can see from A1 to N29 (14 Columns) on 100%
view (XP), however one of my users can see from A1 to EE29 (109 Columns) (so
it is very condensed), also on 100% view (2003). The print preview is also
mis-aligned.

This is only an issue on about 20 spreadsheets, of similar layout, others
are fine.

If the user views the problem series on other machines then they are fine.

There is nothing obvious in preferences, and the other workbooks are ok.

My screen is 15 at 1280 x 960; the user has a 17 at 1290 x 1024.

I appreciate that you would see more on a larger screen, but not to the
point that the screen can not be worked with.

The user with the issue is seeing 109 columns, whereas I see 14. I would
not expect that much difference to the working screen.

Ive changed the monitor twice, once to an identical 17 monitor, and once
to another 17 model.

Each time the spreadsheet view is compressed.

The spreadsheets in question were working fine up until 30 June, when the
used went on holiday, an on their return on 08 July the view was causing
problems.

No other issues with this user account or system.

Kind regards

Iain Stedman