Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mdj0615 mdj0615 is offline

Default Working on a big spreadsheet

Okay, one more question, and I will stop. That worked just great for the
spreadsheet, the Ps on sheet one no longer affect sheet two. I did not put
into account that I also need to put other numbers onto sheet two directly,
and I'm afraid to tinker with the formula now. How can I change the formula
to where it will still be there even if I need to write directly into the
cells. For example, there are times where I need to put a T on sheet 1,
which becomes a 2 on sheet two, but I need to change that value to 4, or
there's a P on sheet one, which puts nothing on sheet two, but I need to
write in a 3.

"Max" wrote:

Just change the front part of it:
=IF(Sheet1!A2="","", ...

to this:
=IF(OR(Sheet1!A2={"","P"}),"", ...
which will trap the "P"
--
Max
Singapore
"mdj0615" wrote in message
Thanks. That worked well, but now I have another question. All of the
cells
that don't have an A, L, etc have a P in the box. When I put a P in the
cells, I get an ##. How do I change the formula to when I put in a P,
there
is nothing put in the cell?