Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default In-Cell Instructions

The attached link describes doing exactly what you have asked but it is a bit
fussy to do...

http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...e_camera_tool/

Alternatively you can look at using conditional fomrats and data validation
to highlight the cells necessary to be input and validation to give
instructions.

My personal preference is to use colour to denote meaning. All of the cells
that I expect the user to use are left white. Everything else is coloured (in
subdued shades) to organize the page into logical groupings.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"mckillmt" wrote:

I want to have 'in-cell' instructions (i.e. "Enter Length Here"). I want the
instructions to be in a light grey, and when the user enters their data (into
the same cell as the instructions), the number is in black. How to I get the
cell to automatically change colors from grey to black when a user enters
data?