Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default sorting

Try the below custom sort

--Create a list of grades in the order you prefer
E1
E2
E3
E10

--Then select the above range of cells. From ToolsOptionsCustom Lists
tabImport button.. to import this as a new custom list..

--From menu DataSort Select 'Sort by' and then click 'Options' select the
custom list and select the orientation...

-- Hit OkOK...

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"User" wrote:

can anyone please help me out sorting the following like i have the data as
below

S.No Name Designation Grade
1 x AM E1
2 y AM E1
3 z Asst. E10
4 a Asst. E10
5 b Asst. E10
6 c Mgr E2
7 d Mgr E2
8 e Mgr E2
9 f Sr. Mgr E3
10 i Sr. Mgr E3

my problem here is when im trying to sort it on Grade it is giving as E1
then E10 then E2 then E3 but i should get it as E1 then E2 then E3 and then
E10
please help me out in resoving ths immediately