Doug

Default VLookup not recognising numbers

I have a large lookup table that returns a product code.Columns A-C and E-G
are from different spreadsheets
For some reason it is recognising some of the numbers that have a letter as
a prefix,(eg A10786),but not just numbers. ,I have tried copying the
format,re-formatting etc,but the only thing that works is actually keying in
the number again ,(in C6 when i manually input 1039, 815345099 correctly
appears)
This is a 5000 long row lookup so I need to try and find a solution.

A B C D E
F G
Acc Ref lookup ref Rep Acc Name
1 1039 815345099 #N/A JX 422 J Smith
2 1045 937884746 #N/A GA 467 J Brown
3 1086 817207341 #N/A DA 478 G Green
4 1092 876415588 #N/A HX 487 B Blue
5 1101 736190348 #N/A AX 509 R red
6 1111 784520457 #N/A AX 1039 P White

I am familier with lookups and have never had this before.Can anyone help ?

Doug Morgan