Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default How calculate exact # of months between two dates?

Hi Mike,
I check the formula and give me 65 years, 1month and 1 day, if I apply the
formula given by Cpearson in the link you sent it give me the same result,

I am intereste to know where the difference is, sorry if it's obvious but I
don't see it

"Mike H" wrote:

Eduardo,

test your formula with these 2 dates

31/01/1943
01/03/2008

There are countless combinations that throw up this anomaly

Mike

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,

=DATEDIF(D5,E5,"y")&" years "&DATEDIF(D5,E5,"ym")&" months
"&DATEDIF(D5,E5,"md")&" days"

Change range to fit your needs

if this helps please click yes, thanks

"Mark Livingstone" wrote:

Hi,

Right now I am using the DATEDIF(CELL1, CELL2, "m") function. However,
it provides only single digit response. So, if the two dates are 20
JUNE and 20 SEPTEMBER, it will be 2 months. However, if the two dates
are 20 JUNE and 20 SEPTEMBER, it give me 1 month instead of 1 month
and X days (or, 1.x << this is exactly output that I am trying to
achieve)

Any idea how to do that? Excel 2003.

Thanks!