Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default Forcing the display of new custom formatting

I cannot reproduce the problem.
I entered some times like 4:15, 18:30 into a range of cells, selected all
the cells and gave then the custom format hhmm
As soon as I hit OK to close the format dialog they displayed as 0415, 1830
etc
I did this in both XL 2003 and 2007
Can you give more details?
Can you use F9 to force the change?
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sagebrook" wrote in message
I have custom formated several cells to hhmm. Unfortunately, all the
times
have remained unchanged. They will convert to the wanted format if I
double-click on the cell or hit F2 and enter. This is fine if there are
only
a few cells, but I have hundreds...

Is there a way to force all the cells to convert?