Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default Cross Reference

Hi,
you have your # and names in column A and B of the hidden sheet called
sheet1, then in column E enter

=sumproduct(--(D3=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1000),sheet1!$B$1:$B$1000)

if you are using excel 2007

=sumproduct(--(D3=Sheet1!A:A),sheet1!B:B)

"fgwiii" wrote:

Hello,

I have a need to associate several lists of 5 digit numbers with to a user
on another spreadsheet.

For instance I use a hidden workbook to store all of my macros as well as
columns of numbers with the owner of that column of numbers name in the first
cell of each column. for instance:
F G H I
Cindy Ren Fred Jon
27109 27598 27028 11208
27206 27600 27076 11210
27210 27649 27386 12210

In each column there can be as many as 40 rows.

What I am trying to do is to compare the data in the columns on the hidden
workbook to the data in column "D" of a spreadsheet and return the name of
the owner to column "E" of the spreadsheet.

If you think there is a better way to do this, please don't be shy!

Thanks

Fred