Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed[_7_] Ed[_7_] is offline

Default A formula not working as the result of a previous formula?

On Jul 21, 11:56*am, "Niek Otten" wrote:
No, it's not because F133 is a formula; that should work OK.
Use Evaluate Formula to find out how Excel evaluates the formula. I think
before Excel2007 it was in ToolsFormula auditing, in Excel2007 you'll have
to select the Formulas tab.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Ed" wrote in message

Formula is =IF(AND(E133="Liss", ISNUMBER(G133)), F133, "0"), where
F133 is the result of its own formula. *So far I'm just getting "0"
for this, even though otherwise the criteria for the formula are met.
Is that because F133 is the result of its own formula? *If so, is
there anything I can do about it?- Hide quoted text -

Excel evaluates this formula as G133 not being a number, which is
confusing because that cell plainly is a number and I even reformatted
the whole column to be numbers, just to be safe. Any thoughts?