Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TheMilkGuy TheMilkGuy is offline

Default Working with hours:minutes

I love having options!

Thanks so much, folks.

Cheers,
Craig

On Jul 21, 4:09*am, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:
And here is yet another way...

=--("0:"&A1)

The double minus sign forces Excel to convert this to a real time value. If
you use the expression in a calculation, then the double minus sign (minus
one times minus one equals plus one) is not needed (the parentheses would
still be needed though). Let's say B1 contains a real Excel time value, then
to add the number of minutes in A1 to it, you would do this...

=B1+("0:"&A1)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Stefi" wrote in message

Excel does this calculation for you by this formula: =TIME(0,A1,0)
Regards,
Stefi

„Fred Smith” ezt írta:

Excel keeps times in days. So an hour is 1/24 of a day, and minutes are
1/24/60 of a day. So if your minutes are in a1, use:
=a1/24/60
and add it to your time in the next column.

\Regards,
Fred.

"TheMilkGuy" wrote in message
Hi folks!

I'm doing some arithmetic that eventually gives me an answer of 19.
Technically that answer is 19 minutes. *I need to know how to conver
that to ":19" or "0:19" so that I can properly add it to the 13:00 in
the next column.

Perhaps I'm just sleep-deprived... *I have been scouring the internet
but I just can't find the phraseology I need to find the answer.

Many thanks!
Craig