Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Automating TAB names in calculations

VLOOKUP would go as

=VLOOKUP(INDIRECT("'" & A1 & "'!H5"),INDIRECT("'" & A2 & "'!$E7:$I56"),5)

with the below names in A1 and A2

Jeff Langdon
AbsencesJL

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

With your sheet name in Cell A1 try
=SUM(INDIRECT("'" & A1&"'!F:F"))

For getting the sheet name you can use the below formula..in cell A1
=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,99)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jeff L" wrote:

I have an Excel 2003 workbook that I have set-up as a resource spreadsheet
currently with one resource. I am now trying to make it easier to add new
resources. Each resource will have a task sheet and a holiday planner and I
am trying to automate calculations using TAB names.

Is there a way I can store a TAB name and then use this stored item so that
when I add a new resource I can point calculations to the new tab name. I
have a couple of examples of existing calculations below. If I add a new
resource I will have to repoint all the calculations.

=SUM(AbsencesJL!F:F)
=VLOOKUP('Jeff Langdon'!H5,AbsencesJL!$E7:$I56,5)

--
Thanks for your help
Jeff L