Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default format number to date

Please could you clarify how the date would read. You have mentioned this as
1090720

If you mean to say it looks as 090720 in text format; try the below formula
=DATE(2000+LEFT(A1,2),MID(A1,3,2),RIGHT(A1,2))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Picodillo" wrote:

When I run a query from work and post the information in Excel, the date
shows an odd format. For instance, for July 20, 2009, the date would read
1090720. I would like to format this into a date that is recognized by
Excel. I am able to spread the data out using "text to columns" and then
using =B1&"/"&C1&"/20"&"A1 so that it looks like 7/20/2009, but Excel doesn't
recognize this as a date so I can't do any conditional formatting. Please
help.