Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Working on a big spreadsheet

One way is via a VLOOKUP
Assume your attendance sheet is named: Sheet1
In your "point amount" sheet,
you could have something like this in A2:
=IF(Sheet1!A2="","",VLOOKUP(Sheet1!A2,{"A",5;"T",2 ;"L",2;"TL",5},2,0))
Then you could just copy A2 across/fill down as desired to return the
necessary.
--
Max
Singapore
"mdj0615" wrote:
I have been very proud of myself on this spreadsheet, but I'm stuck.
One one sheet, I have an attendance sheet, and on another sheet I have the
identical page, used for a point amount.

What I'm looking for, is if I put an A in a box, the corresponding box on
the other sheet will be a 5, if a T, 2, if an L, 2, and if a TL, a 5. What
formula would that be?

Thank you in advance.