Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Suan Suan is offline

Default Lookup dates and values

Doesnt seem to work, its returning an #N/A error??
--
SC

"Max" wrote:

Source table as posted assumed in sheet: B, within A1:D5
In "A",
Place in B4, copied down to B7:
=INDEX(B!$B$2:$D$5,MATCH(A4,B!$A$2:$A$5,0),MATCH(B $1,B!$B$1:$D$1,0))
whe
A4 down contains the row headers, eg: Training, Salaries, etc
B1 contains the "month/year" (this data is assumed consistent* with what you
have reflected as the "month/year" in B's A2 across)
*if its a text-string in the source, it must be the same text-string in B1.
Likewise, if its a 1st-of-month real date (formatted as: mmm-yy), it must be
the same data in B1.
--
Max
Singapore
"Suan" wrote:
I want to set up a formula that allows me to enter a date on spreadsheet
A(eg May-09) and in Spreadsheet A also have a month actual column for various
expenses(expense type & amounts)
In spread sheet B I have actual data by month for a whole year by various
expenditure types.

I would like to in spreadsheet A Actual column pick up the various expenses
for that particular month entered in Spreadsheet A (May-09) from spread sheet
B for that month. And also every time I change the month(in spreadsheet A) it
picks up the relevant months expenses from sheet B!!!

eg SheetA

Date: May-09

Actual
Training $600