Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rajesh Mehmi Rajesh Mehmi is offline

Default Adding time

You can try the following too

your time value is in column B
put the following formula in column C and copy it down
=((B3 -(TRUNC(B3))) *100/60 ) + TRUNC(B3)

then add column C and put the following formula to convert the total back to
hh.mm
=((C9-(TRUNC(C9)))*60/100)+TRUNC(C9)

--
Best regards

Rajesh Mehmi

"smiley61799" wrote in message
I am trying to add time and I am having some difficulties finding a way to
format my numbers to be on a time scale. Example:

John worked
Monday 8.02
Tuesday 8.0
Wednesday 8.54
Thursday 8.09
Friday 7.59

This would total to 41.04 hours for the week but if I try to add this on
Excel it is using the number scale of 100 instead of a time scale of 60 so
am getting a total of 40.24. Is there any way to format this to add it
correctly??