Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
evilchrissy evilchrissy is offline

Default filters for selective columns?

I have a spreadsheet with around 20 columns. i want the filter button only
on 10 of them. Easy enough if the columns are right next to eachother, i
figured out how to do that. My problem is that i only want the filter
buttons on columns a, c, e, f, h, l, and p. (these aren't the real columns,
just an example.) If it were up to me, i'd either leave all the buttons
showing, or move the columns i want filtered right next to eachother. The
problem with that is it's not up to me (I'm working on this spreadsheet for
three different supervisors and they have dictated the order they want to see
the columns in, and seeing the filter button at the top of columns they do
not want to filter annoys them.)

If I can't have the filter button on selective non-adjacent columns, is
there a way i could 'hide' the button on the columns that my bosses don't
want to see the filter button on?

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.