Mexage

first of all, you need to create the list of prices. You need to have one
column with a unique ID so that you can find an article by ID.

Then on the column where you want to lookup a price, use the Validation
function under the Data menu. Choose value from list, and select all your
IDs. That will add a combo button to the cells you have selected.

After that you need to create a lookup function for the product description,
price, etc. On the cell you want the name to appear, use the following
formula:

=Vlookup(A1,Sheet2!A1:E12,2,FALSE)

Here, A1 would be the cell where you have the ID for the row you have
selected.
Sheet2!A1:E12 would be the range in which all your data exists(that is the
prices and descriptions and IDs). The IDs column must be the first column.
The number "2" is the number of column where the description of your price
is. You can change it to 3 for your price or whatever data is in the third
row.
The FALSE argument specifies that you need the ID to be exactly the same. If
you use TRUE or ommit it you will get the closests ID and you need to sort
your IDs in ascending order.

I really hope this helps, and if it´s not clear enough please tell me.

If it does help even a little bit, I would appreciate it if you voted for my
answer.

Thanks!

G.Morales

"BLW" wrote:

i am working on a pricebook where i will use a dropdown list to select an
item description...the adjacent 3 or 4 columns will fill in with the selected
item's information(such as price and code) when the item is selected. How
exactly would I do this? Also, after i select one item out of that list, i
need to be able to select more, so is there a way for me to make everything
skip a line after an item is selected? Thank you for any help you may be
able to give.